Create an effective customer engagement strategy
Increase customer satisfaction and customer retention by using personalized video in your engagement strategy.
Increase engagement with video
Record and send personalized video messages that increase engagement, response rates, and leave a lasting impression on your customers.
What is Covideo?
Covideo is the easiest way to record, send, and track personalized video messages. Cut through the noise with the simple solution built for smarter outreach.
Delight customers with personalized experiences that keep them coming back and telling others. Reduce the risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding by providing a visual demonstration with a detailed explanation in video format.
Breakthrough the noise of a busy inbox by delivering eye-catching video email campaigns that engage your audience and drive action. Promote your next event, showcase your newest product, or share the people and stories behind your brand.
People want to do business with people, not technology. Skip impersonal interactions by incorporating personalized video emails into your outreach for prospecting, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Customer Engagement Strategy
One of the hardest aspects of a marketing campaign to maintain is retaining customer engagement. In this article, we’ll outline a complete customer engagement guide and show you how to create an effective strategy to engage and retain customers and provide a positive experience for the customer. In this article, we’ll cover these basic points to help you start to increase customer engagement:
- What is customer engagement?
- Engagement strategy examples
- How to increase engagement with customers
- Customer engagement tools
What is customer engagement?
Customer engagement definition includes the various ways that customers interact with your brand and vice versa. Effective customer engagement is important for so many different reasons. Having a positive customer experience can lead to your brand retaining customers for longer and can even generate referrals, which is one of the most powerful forms of attracting new customers. Better customer engagement leads to increased customer loyalty and trust, valuable feedback, and a better brand experience and image. When brands start to look into how to retain customers and how to engage customers with more engagement, they’ll see that:
- 86% of the buyers are willing to pay more for a better customer experience.
- 64% of the customers expect tailored engagements that are based on past interactions.
- 52% of customers are less likely to engage with the company because of bad mobile experience.
- 67% of customers prefer self-service over speaking to a company representative.
These stats show that better customer engagement not only helps you retain current customers but they can help you bring back lapsed customers and referred ones too.
Successful customer engagement campaigns
Before you start to look into ways you can increase customer engagement for your own brand, it would be helpful to look at other customer engagement models and customer engagement strategies that have been successful for other brands. One of our favorite customer engagement marketing campaigns is Spotify’s end-of-the-year ‘wrapped up’ campaign. At the end of the year, Spotify created a curated playlist and personalized content for each user that summarized their listening habits throughout the year and provides them data with top listened to artists and music genres for that year. Users then can share these infographics and information on other various social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. This then encourages other people to check out their own ‘wrapped up’ playlist to see what they’ve been listening to. This marketing strategy works so well because users keep coming back to it and look forward to it at the end of every year. It’s become a universal aspect of every Spotify user’s brand experience and results in high customer engagement amongst all users.
Another great client engagement campaign that had great success was Coke’s ‘Share a Coke’ campaign. In this campaign, Coca-Cola printed 250 different popular names on Coke bottles with the slogan ‘share a coke with _”. This encouraged individuals to go out and find a Coke bottle with their name on it. People would then proceed to take a photo with their bottle and even share it on their own social media accounts. The reason this customer engagement strategy worked so well was because it connected on a very personal level with individual customers and had a specific call to action. Users were encouraged to buy more products and seek out their names while simultaneously feeling ‘recognized’ by a large company.
Effective customer engagement strategies
There are so many different client engagement strategies that you can incorporate into your business, but we’ve outlined four that are both effective and build brand image, and can enhance customer engagement. These strategies are easy examples to follow of how to enhance customer engagement even for those who haven’t worked on campaigns to increase consumer engagement.
- Personalization – Surveys show that 90% of customers find personalization appealing and 72% of customers report that they only engage with personalized content. A personalized customer experience can help users feel more connected and heard by a brand.
- Humanize your business – Associating faces with a name and your business can help customers feel like they have actual relationships with your brand and the people that work there.
- Engage on social media – Brands can use social media as a way to communicate with their customers and their audience along with using it to raise brand awareness. You can build relationships with followers by commenting on other relevant posts, responding back to all comments on your feed, and responding to direct messages.
- Provide top-notch customer service – Surveys also show that 90% of individuals factor in customer service when deciding to do business with a company. A great user engagement strategy is to make customer service quickly and easily accessible. You can do this by setting up a chatbox on your site and having a phone number listed on your site.
How to increase customer engagement
Something to consider when you’re building out your engagement marketing strategies is using a tool or method that could help you master all of the strategies listed above. Using videos throughout your business communication can help personalize some of our customer interactions and help engage users more. A tool like Covideo makes it easy to record, send, and use all types of video content in your strategies. Personalized videos can be used when interacting with sales leads, customer service, and through email marketing. Customer engagement best practices when using videos include:
- Personalization – Creating videos directly for an individual customer can help them be more interactive in their communication with you and it can also leave a more positive impression.
- Humanizing your business with video – There’s a lot of value in putting a face to a name, Videos allow you to humanize yourself and interact with customers on a more personal level. Users will feel like they know you which ends up making it easier to build relationships and increase brand loyalty with those customers.
- Increase online engagement with video – Video content is the most engaging form of content online. 60% of businesses use videos as a marketing tool for this very reason. Videos grab a user’s attention more easily and provide additional information without having to use lengthy and wordy content. Videos are also a lot easier to digest on the go.
- Delight your customers with video – Using video to provide 1:1 personalized support for customers is a great way to offer customer service that is both easier for you and the customer. You can send users screen recording to help them walk through issues, questions, etc.. and is one of the many ways to improve customer engagement.
Enhance customer engagement today
As we can see, customer engagement is crucial in maintaining and supporting current customers as well as attracting new ones. Nowadays, people like to feel heard, appreciated, and they want to build relationships with the brands they use and work with. A great way to help your customers achieve that is by putting into place any of the client engagement skills we listed above.
Using video throughout the sales process is another effective technique to engage prospects. Learn how to use video in your sales strategy and prospecting strategy, to increase engagement and drive sales. Now that you know that client engagement skills are needed to be successful in retaining users, all that’s left to do is. With Covideo, you can use video recording software free of charge with all of our standard features to see what it’s all about. Try it out for 7-days to kickstart using video in your new marketing strategies; no credit card required! Learn more about our demo now!