Business professionals receive an average of 121 emails a day. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that capturing attention is more challenging than ever. That’s why businesses are turning to video email marketing to stand out in the inbox, boost connections and increase conversions. Keep reading to learn more about video email marketing metrics.
We’ve gathered some insight to improve deliverability, open, clickthrough and response rates for your emails. *Hint – there’s one common denominator…video. Let’s consider the following video email marketing metrics.
How to improve deliverability rates
An email deliverability rate is a video email marketing metric that measures the success rate at which a message is delivered to the recipient’s inbox.
- To avoid getting caught in the promotions folder, send your messages from a specific contact person like “firstname.lastname@example.org” as opposed to a generic email address such as “email@example.com”.
- Don’t send a video as an attachment – you’re likely to get blocked by firewall or end up in spam due to the large file size. Embed your video into the email to encourage your recipient to click and watch.
- When sending a video, add a bit of text to the body of the email to avoid spam.
- If using spam trigger words, like cash or free, say them in the video rather than the email body or subject line.
- To bypass spam filters, stay away from lots of colored text, all caps, excessive exclamation points, and too many images.
How to improve open rates
Email open rates measure how many times the email was opened based on the number of people it was sent to. Subject lines play a powerful role here and determine if the recipient will open or ignore your email.
- Include the word [Video] in the subject line when sending an email. Video email marketing statistics show this increases open rates by 19% and click through rates by 65%.
- Address the recipient by first name in the subject line to personalize your message. For example, title your subject “Video for Elizabeth – Appointment Reminder.” A touch of personalizes makes a good email subject lines for introductions, and thank you messages as well.
- Track metrics and understand what day and time works best for your leads. Studies show open rates are best on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, with Wednesday as the best overall option.
How to improve email clickthrough rates
Clickthrough rates (CTR) measure how many times someone clicked on a link within your email. This is a great way to determine your audience’s engagement with your brand.
- To improve CTR, embed video in email body as opposed to sending it as an attachment or plain-text link.
- Make your video thumbnail an animated gif to add some movement and attract the viewer’s attention.
- At the start of the video, write the recipient’s name on a white board, hold it up, and smile. The viewer is drawn to their name immediately when they open the email, which entices them to click on and watch your video.
How to improve response rates
Response rates are exactly what you would expect – the percentage of people that directly replied back to your message. Response rates will vary depending on the purpose of your message. For example, when prospecting for sales, you prefer a higher response rate because that means you are connecting with your leads. Whereas, marketing emails would see a higher click through rate since you’re likely sending promotional messages that don’t require a direct response. The tips below were created with a sales intention in mind.
- Give your recipient a deadline to let them know if you don’t hear back from them by a certain date or time, you’ll be reaching out again.
- End your video with a strong call to action such as, Schedule Time on My Calendar or Book an Appointment, as opposed to just Learn More or Visit Us.
- Drive engagement and provide clear next steps with customizable and clickable calls-to-action buttons that accompany your videos.
- Don’t wait around, control your outcome. With Covideo, you receive real-time notifications that alert you when your videos are viewed. Call within minutes of the video view to improve connection rates and follow up when your message is top of mind.
How to create a video email
We’re glad you asked! Replacing plain text emails with video mail is the best way to stand out in the inbox and engage your recipients. Using a video email platform like Covideo allows you to easily record, send and track personalized video messages within minutes. They truly are low effort, but have a high impact on your audience.
Interested in learning more about video email marketing metrics and personalized sales videos? Reach out and someone from our team is happy to show you ropes.
You can also get instant access to Covideo today with a 7 day free trial; you don’t even have to input a credit card.